Spring is in the air! Photo courtesy of James FitzGerald
Announcements as of 4/8/16
1. Tennis lessons will be offered this summer for boys and girls grades 3rd-6th (Tue-Fri am) and for adults 7th grade and up (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evening). There are two forms that need to be filled out, the registration form and the Barre Town Recreation Permission Form. Forms can then be mailed to Kelly Cleveland, 337 Beckley Hill Road Barre, VT. 05641 In-person registration will be available Thursday May 26, 6pm-7pm, rain or shine at the Recreation Complex tennis courts. Boys and girls 3rd grade to 6th grade on Tuesday through Friday mornings, adult lessons 7th grade and up Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday evenings information and forms online or at town offices. Contact Kelly Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. The four tennis courts at the Barre Town Recreation Area are ready for use. Please abide by the rules and keep skateboards, bikes, and dogs off of the tennis courts.
3. The Barre Town Fire Department Auxiliary is selling I Support Vermont Firefighters t-shirts as a fund-raiser. Adult sized shirts cost $20; youth shirts are $15. All shirts are blue. Front left chest has outline of Vermont with 802. Back of shirt states I Support Vermont Firefighters. For more information contact Linda Leu at (802) 249-6400 or send a message through the Barre Town Fire Department Auxiliary Facebook page. The Auxiliary supports Barre Town firefighters at emergency scenes.
4. The lawn waste site will open on Saturday, April 16. Weekday hours will start April 27. Weekday hours will be Wednesday afternoons 3-6pm and Thursday mornings 9am to noon. During the week the site is opened and monitored by volunteers. To volunteer, contact the Town Manager's Office at 802-479-9331 or email@example.com.
5. A public information meeting about the re-write of the town's Local Hazard Mitigation Plan will be held Thursday, April 21 starting at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held in the municipal building at 149 Websterville Road. The plan is about all potential hazards (manmade and natural) and possible mitigation steps. Public input is welcome.
6. Barre Town and Barre City will be offering Youth Track and Field for boys and girls ages 7-14. The program will run from June 13th to July 21 with a VRPA Track Meet on July 23. See this flyer for more information.
7. The Annual Barre Town Meeting and Election of Officers will be held on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at the Barre Town Middle & Elementary School gymnasium. Polling hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Click to view the sample ballot or to view the Proposed FY 16-17 Budget.
8. Do you own a home in Vermont as your primary residence? If so, by law, the resident homeowner must annually file a Homestead Declaration. Depending on household income, the homeowner may also be eligible to file for a Property Tax Adjustment. You can obtain more information by visiting the Vermont Department of Taxes website or calling 802-828-2515.