Per this state law, as of July 1, 2019 every Vermont town and city must adopt a conflict of interest policy that addresses certain points and applies to all appointed officials. The Barre Town Selectboard decided during its May 22, 2018 meeting that a work group with one representative from every town board, commission and committee, plus the town attorney, would be formed to develop this policy. Agendas, minutes, and members are below.
- Norma Malone, Chair, Selectboard
- Alan Garceau, Cemetery Commission
- Michael Gilbar, Recreation Board
- Chauncey Liese, Transportation Advisory Committee
- Cedric Sanborn, Planning Commission
- Jon Valsangiacomo, Development Review Board
- Lee Walther, Board of Civil Authority/Board of Abatement