General Voting Information
Are you a registered voter in Barre Town? The Town of Barre Voter Checklist is posted at the following locations:
Barre Town Municipal Building, Lower Websterville
Lawsons Store – Upper Websterville
Graniteville General Store – Graniteville
Hannaford's Market – South Barre
Trow Hill Grocery – Trow Hill Area
Next Election/Polling Place/Hours The next election will be a Special Barre Town Middle & Elementary School Reconsideration Vote to be held on Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
Important information for all elections.
- The polls will be open from 7am to 7pm. The polling place is the Barre Town Middle and Elementary School gym, 70 Websterville Road, Websterville VT 05678.
- You can vote early in the Town Clerk's Office at 149 Websterville Road, Websterville VT 05678 until 4:30 pm the day prior to the election.
- Effective January 1, 2017 same-day voter registration is in effect. For future elections, you can register to vote in person at the Clerk's office at 149 Websterville Road, or online through the Vermont Secretary of State website here.
- Sample ballots and warnings will be posted on this site when available.
Early/Absentee ballot request(s):
- The early/absentee ballots will be available approximately 30 days prior to each election, 45 days for federal elections.
- Sample ballots are posted at the locations under Voter Registration and on this website.
- Your request can be made in person, by phone or by e-mail; or
- You can early vote in the Town Clerk's Office, pick up your own ballot and take it with you to vote at home, have it mailed, or make arrangements for two Justices of the Peace to bring ballots to your home on election day.
- There are no “standing orders” for early/absentee ballots unless you complete the on-line request form (www.sec.state.vt.us) or make a request by phone or email to the Town Clerk's Office. THIS REQUEST IS GOOD FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR (January - December) IN WHICH IT WAS MADE, unless you are military or overseas..
- If you do not sign the voted envelope or place your ballot in the envlelope you vote will be considered spoiled and not counted.
- Voted ballots can be returned to the Clerk's Office by mail, in person, through the drop box (located at the front of the municipal building), or by delivering to the polling place on election day. NOTE: All early ballots being delivered after 4:30 p.m., closing time for the Town Clerk's Office, should be taken to the official polling place. Ballots deposited in the drop box at the municipal building after 4:30 p.m. will be considered late and not counted.
Posting of Political Signs: On June 22, 2016, the Secretary of State's office distributed information on the" Vermont Sign Law and Political Signs" - in particular where signs can and cannot be placed. Please click on the link to read the information.
Voter Turnout statistics: click here.
THINKING ABOUT RUNNING FOR SCHOOL BOARD? Just click here to watch a video on the process.