|PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY STUDY COMMITTEE - To review the various documents submitted to the Barre Town Selectboard over the past few years please click here.
Click here to view the November 4, 2014 General Election and Sepecial Town Meeting results.
1. Help us build a better Town Report. We are conducting a survey and would greatly appreciate your responses. Your answers will help us build Barre a Town Report that meets the needs of the community and provides a useful format for residents. Click here to take the brief survey. Thank you for your participation.
2. Letters of interest in Budget Committee service will be accepted until December 31. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address shown above. A sample letter of interest is available on this website. Click on Permits and Forms and scroll down to Town Manager. More information about the Budget Committee is available by clicking on Boards and Commission.
3. Barre Town's winter overnight on-street parking ban started November 1. On street parking is prohibited from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. The ban is in effect regardless of the weather. The police department will write tickets to violators. On street parking is banned to facilitate winter road maintenance.
The Wilson Recycling Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
5. Town Reports are available at Lawson's Store, Graniteville General Store, Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Morgan's East Barre Market, Trow Hill Grocery, Brookside Country Store, Hannaford's and the Municipal Building.
6. Winter sand is now available for all town residents until April 1st. The sand pile is located outside of the Public Works fence at 129 Websterville Road. This service is only offered for residents and their home use. Businesses cannot participate in the free winter sand use and should make other arrangements for parking surface management.
7. Flu season is upon us. Influenza is a serious issue that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes death, especially among the elderly and young. Please visit your local pharmacies for schedules on where you might get your free flu shots.
8. All Town Offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday, December 25 & 26 for the Christmas holiday.