1. The Selectboard meets every Tuesday night starting at 7:00 pm. Click on Boards and Commissions and the Selectboard to view the agenda and meeting minutes.
2. The lawn waste site near the top of Holden Road is open Wednesdays 3-6 pm; Thursdays 9 am - noon and Saturdays 8 am - noon. The site will be open from 8 am - 4 pm on Saturdays, October 10, 17 and 24; and from 12 pm to 4 pm on Sunday, October 11, 18 and 25.
3. Two recreational activities will be offered the next two weekends:
Exploring the Forest Storytime on Saturday, September 26 at 1 pm. Meet at the 44 Brook Street (Websterville) parking area. Free. Program is designed for children up to grade one and includes stories, songs, art activities, music and a short walk in the forest. Sponsored by Aldrich Public Library and town recreation.
Forest Walk on Sunday, October 4 at 9 am. Meet at 44 Brook Street parking area. For adults, families. One and half hour to two hour walk.
4. Town Forest trail maps are available at the Town Manager's Office (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm). Parking for forest users is available at 44 Brook Street in Upper Websterville and at the end of Barclay Quarry Road in Upper Graniteville.
5. By Selectboard request the former Dugout Restaurant property cleanup income and expenses are available for viewing (click here).
6. The C.V. Solid Waste Management District is offering a household hazardous waste collection on Saturday, October 10 from 9am to 1pm. The collection will be held at the VT Department of Labor parking lot in Montpelier. The fee is $15 per car. Visit the Districts website for more information (www.cvswmd.org).
7. Avian Flu (HPA1) is alive and well in the United States. The disease is most commonly spread to domestric poultry by infected waterfowl, through direct contact or contact with droppings, during migration periods. The entire Northeast, including Vermont, is preparing for the possibility of an oubreak which could affect this fall or during the spring of 2016. To learn more about this disease click here to read a release from the VT Agency of Agriculture.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.