Click here to view the March 3, 2015 School Election results.
1. The Budget Committee is meeting from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday nights. The meetings will be held in the Lower Conference Room, Municipal Building, 149 Websterville Road. These meetings are open to the public. The agenda for the Budget Committee is listed under PILOT on the Selectboard meeting agenda for that night. As fund budgets are completed the summary page will be posted to this website. Selectboard meetings will start at 8:00 pm until the end of March.
2. The Fire Department's rabies clinic will be held Saturday, March 14 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. at the South Barre Fire Station, 528 South Barre Road (Rt. 14). All dogs and cats are welcome to get a rabies vaccination. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier. The rabies vaccination fee is $14 per pet. For Barre Town residents' convenience the town clerk will be at the clinic to license dogs.
3. Election Update: The next election will be held on Tuesday, March 3, 2015. Even though this is the traditional Town Meeting Day for most of the State Barre Town will ONLY be voting on school issues. (Municipal issues will be voted on in May 2015.)
The deadline for voting in the March elections is Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. To request an absentee/early ballot call the Town Clerk's office at 479-9391 or email email@example.com. To view the various school warnings click on the links (by name): SUHS Open Meeting March 2, 2015, Barre Town Elementary School Election March 3, 2015, and the SUHS Election March 3, 2015. You can view a Sample ballots by clicking here.
4. The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has commenced a public awareness campaign to address the issue of proper display and visibility of license plates. Fines could be issued if you are not in compliance. Click here for more information on "proper display and visibility."
5. Haven't received your State of Vermont tax booklet yet? The Town was informed that in 2014 (2013 tax year), The Tax Department printed 30,000 booklets and only 18,750 were returned. Fewer than 7,000 taxpayers used forms from the booklet to file their taxes. To eliminate waste it was decided to print only a limited number of booklets since the trend is to file online and to use the downloaded form from the state website. Click here to find out how to get a booklet/form or file online.
6. Winter sand is now available for all town residents until April 1st. The sand pile is located outside of the Public Works fence at 129 Websterville Road. This service is only offered for residents and their home use. Businesses cannot participate in the free winter sand use and should make other arrangements for parking surface management.
7. Barre Town's winter overnight on-street parking ban started November 1. On street parking is prohibited from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. The ban is in effect regardless of the weather. The police department will write tickets to violators. On street parking is banned to facilitate winter road maintenance.
8. Town Reports are available at Lawson's Store, Graniteville General Store, Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Morgan's East Barre Market, Trow Hill Grocery, Brookside Country Store, Hannaford's and the Municipal Building.
9. The Wilson Depot Recycling Center is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
10. For information about the winter charity softball tournament check out www.feeezingfunforfamilies.com.