1. The Recreation Board is offering free pickleball play for adults in the Barre Town School gymnasium from 1 pm to 3 pm on Sundays. The open play will continue through March 20. Supplies are provided, just bring "tennis" shoes. For information about pickleball visit www.usapa.org.
2. Do you own a home in Vermont as your primary residence? If so, by law, the resident homeowner must annually file a Homestead Declaration. Depending on household income, the homeowner may also be eligible to file for a Property Tax Adjustment. You can obtain more information by visiting the Vermont Department of Taxes website (www.tax.vermont.gov) or calling 802-828-2515.
3. The Barre Town Fire Department Auxiliary is selling I Support Vermont Firefighters t-shirts as a fund-raiser. Adult sized shirts cost $20; youth shirts are $15. All shirts are blue. Front left chest has outline of Vermont with 802. Back of shirt states I Support Vermont Firefighters. For more information contact Linda Leu at (802) 249-6400 or send a message through the Barre Town Fire Department Auxiliary Facebook page. The Auxiliary supports Barre Town firefighters at emergency scenes.
The Budget Committee is meeting from 6:30 to 8:00 pm on Tuesday evenings. Selectboard meetings begin at 8:00 pm. The public is welcome to attend Budget Committee meetings. Click on Board and Commissions, then Selectboard to view agendas and meeting minutes. To view proposed budgets click on General Governors Information, then Budget, Tax Rate Information.
5. The Annual School District Election and Presidential Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, March 1, 2016. Wednesday, February 24 is the deadline to register to vote on March 1. Want to view a sample ballot? Click on one of the following links: School elections, Democratic Presidential Primary ballot, or Republican Presidential Primary ballot.
6. The quarterly property tax installment and semi-annual sewer use fee payments are due Tuesday, February 16.
7. The Citizen Budget Tour will be on Saturday, February 20. Citizens are invited to join the Budget Committee on a tour of town facilities where they will talk with department heads. Meet at the town office building between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Bus transportation is provided. Tour ends 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Call the town manager's office for more information (479-9331).
8. During the current logging contract in the town forest, the Town's forester is offering a logging workshop/tour. The free workshop will be on Saturday, February 27. Meet at the Waterman Street water storage tank at 10:00 a.m. Dress to walk in the woods along the trails and skidroads. Tour should end about 12:30. Call the town manager's office (479-9331) for more information.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.