|PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY STUDY COMMITTEE - To review the various documents submitted to the Barre Town Selectboard over the past few years please click here.
Due to a vendor issue the online payment system is not available at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more information.
1. Primary Elections were held on Tuesday, August 26, 2014. There are 5463 voters on the checklist and only 382 individuals voted. The parties total counts are: Republican = 304 votes; Democrats = 75 votes; Progessive = 2 votes; and Liberty Union = 1 vote. To view the tallys click here.
The next election will be the General Election and a Special Town Meeting which will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. By law the early/absentee ballot will be available no later than September 20, 2014. To have a ballot mailed to you contact the Town Clerk's office (479-9391) or by email (email@example.com). As soon as the ballot is available a sample will be posted to this website.
The deadline to register to vote for these elections is Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 5:00 p.m. Applications are available at the Town Clerk's office.
2. Guided nature walks in the town forest are offered on Sunday and Tuesday mornings. Meet at the 44 Brook Street parking area at 9:00 a.m. There is no fee. The walks are 1.5 to 2 hours. On Tuesdays there are 2 guides and each one will lead a group. There will be one group for fast walkers and one group for slow walkers (for instance a family with children).
The Holden Road lawn waste site is open. Hours are: Wednesdays 3 - 6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m. - noon; Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. For more information click on Departments and then Solid Waste.
The Wilson Recycling Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
5. Calling all volleyball players! Looking to set up a co-ed volleyball pick up games that will meet weekly Sundays 4-6 pm at Barre Town Recreational facility. As long as at least 4 people show up, we can play! For more information email Sarah Maas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Paving under contract #3 got underway August 20. The six South Barre streets have been paved. Paving in Upper Websterville started Friday, August 22. After the side streets in Upper Websterville the contractor will pave Terry Court, Donahue Road, a shim repair on Graniteville Road (L.G.), Cheney Road (gravel section), West Road and a shim repair on Miller Road.
7. The Fall Bulk Trash Collection will be on Saturday, September 20. Hours are 8 am - 2 pm. The town newsletter will be in the mail soon and provides details about the collection.
8. Barre City's water pipe contractor is replacing the large pipe along West and East Cobble Hill Roads. The contractors expect to turn the intersection onto East Cobble Hill Road next week (Sept. 1). Expect traffic delays on East Cobble Hill Road due to one lane of traffic around the construction zone. Drive slower on the West end of East Cobble Hill Road; anticipate a stop ahead. Seek alternate routes.