|PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY STUDY COMMITTEE - To review the various documents submitted to the Barre Town Selectboard over the past few years please click here.
Due to a vendor issue the online payment system is not available at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more information.
1. The next election will be the General Election and a Special Town Meeting which will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. Early ballots are now available. To have a ballot mailed to you contact the Town Clerk's office (479-9391) or by email (email@example.com). Polling hours are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Valet parking is available for those individuals who need assistance. Contact the Clerk's office for more information. Click here to view the sample ballot.
The deadline to register to vote for these elections is Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 5:00 p.m. Applications are available at the Town Clerk's office.
2. The second public hearing for the regional public safety authority vote will be on Tuesday, October 7 during the Selectboard meeting that starts at 7:00 pm.
3. Guided nature walks in the town forest are offered on Sunday and Tuesday mornings. Meet at the 44 Brook Street parking area at 9:00 a.m. There is no fee. The walks are 1.5 to 2 hours. On Tuesdays there are 2 guides and each one will lead a group. There will be one group for fast walkers and one group for slow walkers (for instance a family with children).
The Holden Road lawn waste site is open. Hours are: Wednesdays 3 - 6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m. - noon; Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. For more information click on Departments and then Solid Waste.
The Wilson Recycling Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
6. Barre City's water pipe contractor is replacing the large pipe along West and East Cobble Hill Roads. Expect traffic delays on East Cobble Hill Road due to one lane of traffic around the construction zone. Drive slower on the West end of East Cobble Hill Road; anticipate a stop ahead. Seek alternate routes.
7. The Department of Public Works will begin flushing water lines on Monday, September 29. Flushing the lines in the Barre Town water system will take about 2 weeks. If you find discolored water after the flushing near your home, let the water run awhile. It should clear up quickly. The town water system covers East Barre, Lower Websterville, Sterling Hill and Quarry Hill areas. Call DPW at 476-3522 or the manager's office at 479-9331 with any questions or concerns.
8. Bulk trash collection on Saturday, September 20 was very successful thanks to generous volunteers who worked a the service. The volunteers this fall were: Frank Malnatti, Paul White, Rob LaClair, Dawn Farnham, Alan Garceau, Bruce Mitton, Joanne Cyr, Frank Ellis, Topper McFaun, Tom White. The Recreation Board received $409 in donations for providing additional volunteer help. Teh donation money will be spent on the Upper Websterville playground. Thanks to everyone who used the service. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.