Election Information: Click here to view the results of the May 12, 2015 Election of Offices and Australian ballot voting. If you would like to view the 2015-2016 Budget Booklet click on the link.
1. A train derailment at the rail crossing has closed Quarry Hill Street in Barre City. Quarry Street will be closed at the crossing for several days. Quarry Hill Road/Quarry Hill Street traffic can drive around the closed section of road by using Hale and Circle Streets in Barre City. Visitors to Thunder Road also could use Middle Road from South Barre or Websterville Road from East Barre.
2. The town offices and public works department will be closed Friday, July 3.
3. The Selectboard will meet every other week during July and August. The meeting dates are July 14, 28, August 11 and 25. The weekly meeting schedule will resume September 1.
4. The lawn waste site near the top of Holden Road is open Wednesdays 3-6 pm; Thursdays 9 am - noon and Saturdays 8 am - noon. Many people enjoy the opportunity to use this free service, perhaps you do. A volunteer, or better yet, volunteers are needed for the Wednesday afternoon hours or other suitable hours. To learn more or to volunteer call the manager's office at 479-9331 or email email@example.com.
5. To view the 2015 paved road project contract schedule click here.
6. Tennis Lessons sponsored by the Recreation Board this year include grouped lessons based on age and skill level. Lessons are available from children 3rd grade to adults, with a new session this year for families to learn together. Click on the links for more information and registration forms or contact Coach Kelly Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 279-2679.
Sessions II & III will start June 30 and July 7 respectively.
7. Town Forest trail maps are available at the Town Manager's Office (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm). Parking for forest users is available at 44 Brook Street in Upper Websterville and at the end of Barclay Quarry Road in Upper Graniteville.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.