1. Due to the severe rain on July 19 Cummings Road near the Plainfield town line and Plainfield Brook Road near the Plainfield town line are closed. Repair work has begun (Aug. 14). The roads will be re-opened in about a month.
2. The Selectboard's weekly meeting schedule will resume September 1. Meetings are every Tuesday night starting at 7:00 pm. Click on Boards and Commissions, and then Selectboard to view the agenda.
3. The lawn waste site near the top of Holden Road is open Wednesdays 3-6 pm; Thursdays 9 am - noon and Saturdays 8 am - noon. Many people enjoy the opportunity to use this free service, perhaps you do. A volunteer, or better yet, volunteers, could open the site during another 2 - 4 hour period. To learn more or to volunteer call the manager's office at 479-9331 or email email@example.com.
4. All road paving work up to Contract #2 has been completed. To view the 2015 paved road project contract schedule click here.
5. Tax and sewer bills have been mailed. The sewer bill is in the envelope with the tax bill. Owners that forward their property tax bill to their mortgage holder need to remove and keep the sewer bill. To review tax rates click here.
6. Town Forest trail maps are available at the Town Manager's Office (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm). Parking for forest users is available at 44 Brook Street in Upper Websterville and at the end of Barclay Quarry Road in Upper Graniteville.
7. By Selectboard request the former Dugout Restaurant property cleanup income and expenses are available for viewing (click here).
8. The Town is looking for a non-profit organization that would volunteer labor at the September 19 bulk trash collection. In exchange for volunteering to unload users' vehicles, the non-profit organization will receive donations from the users. In the past, organizations received $400 - $500. Volunteer hours are 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. Eight volunteers would be sufficient, but more volunteers could split the day. For more information contact Carl Rogers at 479-9331.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.