Election Information: Click here to view the sample ballot for the upcoming May 12, 2015 Election of Offices and Australian ballot voting.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.
1. Vermont Green Up Day is Saturday, May 2. Individuals, families, clubs and groups that want to help clean up Barre Town's roadsides or other public spaces can sign up by clicking here. A free BBQ lunch is offered to Green Up volunteers from noon to 1:00 p.m. at the picnic shelter in the Town Recreation Area. Along with a lunch, volunteers could win one of two gift baskets raffled off. For more information about Green Up Day in Barre Town click here.
2. The lawn waste site will open Wednesday, April 29. The site will be open Wednesdays 3-6 pm; Thursdays 9 am - 12 pm and Saturdays 8 am - 12 pm. Many people enjoy the opportunity to use this free service during the week; perhaps you do. To learn more about this most appreciated volunteer opportunity contact the manager's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 479-9331.
3. The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has commenced a public awareness campaign to address the issue of proper display and visibility of license plates. Fines could be issued if you are not in compliance. Click here for more information on "proper display and visibility."
4. Barre Town's Annual Open Meeting is Wednesday, May 6 starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Annual Election is on Tuesday, May 12 with the polls open 7 am to 7 pm. Voting is conducted in the Barre Town Middle and Elementary School gym. Town budget details will be available in the form of a booklet very soon. Look for it at these locations: Brookside Country Store, Lawson's Store, Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Trow Hill Grocery, Morgan's East Barre Market, Graniteville General Store, Hannaford's and the municipal building. The booklet provides the Warnings and the budget tour booklet. Deadline to register as a voter is 5:00 pm, Wednesday, May 6. Consider using an early voting ballot if getting to the polling place is a hassle. Call the Town Clerk's Office at 479-9391 for information about registering and about early voting.
5. The April issue of the town newsletter should be in the mail about April 27. The April issue always is full of articles about the upcoming election, services offered soon, recreational events and services and town procedures, such as property assessment and appeals. Take a look. Everyone will find something of use.
6. The Wilson Depot Recycling Center is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
7. Pickle ball is coming to the Barre area! Beginner Pickleball clinics will be offered: Sunday, April 12, 19 and 26th
• The FREE clinics will run from 1 pm to 3 pm and will be held in the gym at Barre Town School, 70 Websterville Rd, Barre Town, VT. More opportunities to play (and learn) will be opening up.
• If you've played racquet sports you'll pick this up easily. If you haven't, it's time to try it!
• Equipment will be provided and there will be instructors to teach the game.
• These sessions are sponsored by the Barre Town Recreation Commission and there is no fee required for the clinics. Please wear soft soled, non-marking shoes.
For more information or to reserve your spot please contact Dave Rouleau (802) 839-0533, email@example.com or Jan Murray at (802) 661-8324 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a visual of what is pickle ball? Watch CBS's Taryn Winter special coverage of the sport!
8. The Spring Bulk Trash collection at the DPW Yard (129 Websterville Road) will be on Saturday, May 9 from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. Details to follow.
9. The C.V. Solid Waste Management Districts first household hazardous waste collection of the year will be at Barre Town's DPW Yard (129 Websterville Road) on Saturday, May 2 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. See www.cvswmd.org for more information.