- Serve an advisory function concerning the town's energy policy
- Review state energy policy
- Develop/implement community outreach and education opportunities to provide residents/businesses with resources to assist reaching the goals/objectives identified in the Barre Town Energy Plan for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Track municipal energy use and identify opportunities/strategies to improve energy efficiency of town facilities
- Research grant opportunities to improve energy efficiency for town facilities
The Energy Committee is set up as a temporary, 18-month committee to serve from February 2024 to July 2025. Before the end of the term, the Selectboard will review the progress of the committee to determine whether to extend, make permanent, or end the committee's charge.