The Town Clerk is elected for a period of three years. He/She is keeper of Town Records which include land records, vital records, meeting minutes and more. In addition he/she shall:
- Receive fees for copies of records and other instruments;
- Provide detailed financial statements and reports as required by the Selectboard;
- Maintain a record of all actions taken at special or annual town meetings;
- Maintain all town records and an index of those records;
- Maintain and file all reports required by law;
- Perform any other duties required by law, the Town Charter or Town Ordinances.