Vermont does not have county government, but there are a few regional bodies that provide guidance or governance on specific issues. The Town has representation to these bodies:
Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission (CVRPC
Function: To provide regional planning services, including supporting various types of planning efforts of its member towns such as for transportation, hazard mitigation, and watersheds.
- Website: http://centralvtplanning.org
- Barre Town Representatives to the CVRPC Board of Commissioners
- Alice Farrell (Primary) firstname.lastname@example.org Term expires June 30, 2024
- Vacant (Alternate)
CVRPC Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC)
Function: To address transportation issues in Central Vermont.
- Website: http://centralvtplanning.org/programs/transportation
- Barre Town Representatives to the TAC
- Stephanie Magnan (Primary) email@example.com Term expires May 31, 2024.
- Vacant (Alternate
Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District (CVSWMD
Function: To provide regional solid waste management services, including assisting member towns and our residents to dispose of waste appropriately and reduce waste.
- Website: http://www.cvswmd.org
- Barre Town Representatives to the CVSWMD Board of Supervisors
- Fred Thumm (Primary, also Board Chair). Term expires March 31, 2023.
- Jack Mitchell (Alternate) 802-476-7073 (H). Term expires March 31, 2023.
CV Fiber Board
Function: Providing Central Vermont residents, businesses, and civic institutions with universal access to a reliable, secure,
locally-owned and -governed communications network able to grow to meet future community needs.
- Website: https://cvfiber.net/
- Barre Town Representatives to the CV Fiber Board
- Michael Milo (Primary) (516) 382-0724 firstname.lastname@example.org. Term expires March 7, 2024.
- Dan Souza (Alternate). Term expires March 7, 2024.