|PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY STUDY COMMITTEE - To review the various documents submitted to the Barre Town Selectboard over the past few years please click here.
Due to a vendor issue the online payment system is not available at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more information.
1. Primary Elections were held on Tuesday, August 26, 2014. There are 5463 voters on the checklist and only 382 individuals voted. The parties total counts are: Republican = 304 votes; Democrats = 75 votes; Progessive = 2 votes; and Liberty Union = 1 vote. To view the tallys click here.
The next election will be the General Election and a Special Town Meeting which will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. By law the early/absentee ballot will be available no later than September 20, 2014. To have a ballot mailed to you contact the Town Clerk's office (479-9391) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). As soon as the ballot is available a sample will be posted to this website.
The deadline to register to vote for these elections is Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 5:00 p.m. Applications are available at the Town Clerk's office.
2. Selectboard public hearing dates for the upcoming regional public safety authority public ballot question in November have been changed. Because early voting ballots are available about September 20, the Selectboard decided to have the hearings on September 16 and October 7 in conjunction with their regular meetings.
3. Guided nature walks in the town forest are offered on Sunday and Tuesday mornings. Meet at the 44 Brook Street parking area at 9:00 a.m. There is no fee. The walks are 1.5 to 2 hours. On Tuesdays there are 2 guides and each one will lead a group. There will be one group for fast walkers and one group for slow walkers (for instance a family with children).
The Holden Road lawn waste site is open. Hours are: Wednesdays 3 - 6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m. - noon; Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. For more information click on Departments and then Solid Waste.
The Wilson Recycling Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
6. The Fall Bulk Trash Collection will be on Saturday, September 20. Hours are 8 am - 2 pm. For details about accepted items and cost, click here for a link to the town newsletter article.
7. Barre City's water pipe contractor is replacing the large pipe along West and East Cobble Hill Roads. Expect traffic delays on East Cobble Hill Road due to one lane of traffic around the construction zone. Drive slower on the West end of East Cobble Hill Road; anticipate a stop ahead. Seek alternate routes.