Election Information: Click here to view the results of the May 12, 2015 Election of Offices and Australian ballot voting. If you would like to view the 2015-2016 Budget Booklet click on the link.
1. The lawn waste site is open. The site will be open Wednesdays 3-6 pm; Thursdays 9 am - 12 pm and Saturdays 8 am - 12 pm. Many people enjoy the opportunity to use this free service during the week; perhaps you do. To learn more about this most appreciated volunteer opportunity contact the manager's office at email@example.com or call 479-9331.
2. One seat on the 7-member Recreation Board is open. Any town resident willing to serve on the Board may submit a letter (email will do) of interest to the town manager's office. The Recreation Board meets the first Monday of the month at 6:00 pm. Click Boards and Commissions and select Recreation for more information. Letters of interest will be passed to the Selectboard for action as received. For more information contact Andrew Dorsett, assistant town manager at 479-9331.
3. The Wilson Depot Recycling Center is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
4. To view the 2015 paved road project contract schedule click here.
5. Youth Track & Field for boys and girls from 7 to 14 years old begins on June 15. The group will meet on Mondays and Thursdays until June 25 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at the Barre Town Track. Registration prior to June 4 is $30 and $35 after. All registrations must be done prior to the start of the program. Anyone with questions should contact the City Recreation Department at 476-0257. For more information click here.
6. Tennis Lessons sponsored by the Recreation Board this year include grouped lessons based on age and skill level. Lessons are available from children 3rd grade to adults, with a new session this year for families to learn together. Click on the links for more information and registration forms or contact Coach Kelly Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 279-2679.
7. Town Forest trail maps are available at the Town Manager's Office (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm). Parking for forest users is available at 44 Brook Street in Upper Websterville and at the end of Barclay Quarry Road in Upper Graniteville.
8. The Barre Town Fire Department will hold the Father's Day Chicken BBQ on Sunday, June 21 at the East Barre Fire Station located at the intersection of Rt. 110 and Mill Street. Serving hours are noon - 2:00 pm. Price is $12 per adult, $8 per child.
Sex Offender Information: Click here for information on Richard Laws.