Click here to view the November 4, 2014 General Election and Sepecial Town Meeting results.
1. Starting January 27 the Budget Committee will meet from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday nights. The meetings will be held in the Lower Conference Room, Municipal Building, 149 Websterville Road. These meetings are open to the public. The agenda for the Budget Committee is listed under PILOT on the Selectboard meeting agenda for that night. As fund budgets are completed the summary page will be posted to this website. Selectboard meetings will start at 8:00 pm until the end of March.
2. Property tax and sewer payments are due Tuesday, February 17. the Town Clerk-Treasurer's office will have special office hours on Monday, February 16 and on tax day, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
3. The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has commenced a public awareness campaign to address the issue of proper display and visibility of license plates. Fines could be issued if you are not in compliance. Click here for more information on "proper display and visibility."
3. The Budget Committee will tour town facilities and project areas on Saturday, February 21. The public is invited and welcomed to join the Committee and town staff for this informative site visit and presentation. The tour begins at 8:00 a.m. in the Municipal Building. (Arrive between 7:30 and 8:00. Coffee, juice and pastries provided.) Bus transportation is provided. The tour finishes between 12:30 and 1:00. Children accompanied by an adult are welcome.
4. Haven't received your State of Vermont tax booklet yet? The Town was informed that in 2014 (2013 tax year), The Tax Department printed 30,000 booklets and only 18,750 were returned. Fewer than 7,000 taxpayers used forms from the booklet to file their taxes. To eliminate waste it was decided to print only a limited number of booklets since the trend is to file online and to use the downloaded form from the state website. Click here to find out how to get a booklet/form or file online.
5. Winter sand is now available for all town residents until April 1st. The sand pile is located outside of the Public Works fence at 129 Websterville Road. This service is only offered for residents and their home use. Businesses cannot participate in the free winter sand use and should make other arrangements for parking surface management.
6. Barre Town's winter overnight on-street parking ban started November 1. On street parking is prohibited from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. The ban is in effect regardless of the weather. The police department will write tickets to violators. On street parking is banned to facilitate winter road maintenance.
7. The Wilson Recycling Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The Depot will be open regular hours Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
8. Town Reports are available at Lawson's Store, Graniteville General Store, Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Morgan's East Barre Market, Trow Hill Grocery, Brookside Country Store, Hannaford's and the Municipal Building.