The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Summer employment: DPW and the Recreation and Cemetery departments are still accepting applications for summer employees. Review of applications has begun but will continue until the positions are filled. Click here for more details.
- Fiscal year 2016-2017 Barre Town Report now available at Lawson’s Store, Graniteville General Store, Quarry Hill Quick Stop, Trow Hill Grocery, Brookside Country Store, Hannaford Grocery, or the Municipal Building. It also be viewable online here.
- Register to vote online now through the Vermont Secretary of State website here, or in person at the Clerk's office at 149 Websterville Rd.
- This Sun Apr 22's Millstone Trails Association’s trail work postponed until further notice.
- Clean wood recycling: Clean wood can now be dropped off at Casella Waste Systems at CV Transfer Station on US-2 in East Montpelier. Clean wood is logs, pallets, dimensional lumber and brush and branches over 1” in diameter. Wood must be untreated and unpainted. Staples and nails are okay, but straps are not okay.
- Town of Barre requests proposals for Construction Inspection Services for our East Barre Sidewalk project. Click here to view the RFP in the VT Bid system.
- April Barre Town newsletter is in the mail and online. Click here for the Solid Waste & Recycling Services insert, click here for the Recreation insert, and click here to read the rest of the newsletter. Articles cover the proposed town budget, the proposed charter amendment on the May ballot, for what activiteis you need a permit from the town, and what to do when high winds causes dangerous conditions.If you would like to receive the newsletter by email, contact the Town Manager’s Office at 479-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.