|PUBLIC SAFETY AUTHORITY STUDY COMMITTEE - To review the various documents submitted to the Barre Town Selectboard over the past few years please click here.
Due to a vendor issue the online payment system is not available at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more information.
1. Primary Elections will be held on Tuesday, August 26, 2014. Polling hours are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Deadline to register to vote is Wednesday, August 20, 2014. This year there will be 4 party ballots (Democratic, Liberty Union, Progressive, and Republican). When you go to vote you will receive all 4 ballots. However, you can only VOTE ONE BALLOT. All the unused ballots must be returned. So early/absentee voters be sure to read your instructions carefully to ensure your vote will count. To view the ballots click here.
2. The first property tax and sewer use fee are due August 15. Some people pay their taxes to their mortgage company, which remits payment to the town. The sewer use fee almost never is included in that arrangement. If your taxes are paid through an escrow arrangment with your mortgage company paying the sewer bill most likely is your responsibility. If you have a question contact your mortgage company.
3. Guided nature walks in the town forest are offered on Sunday and Tuesday mornings. Meet at the 44 Brook Street parking area at 9:00 a.m. There is no fee. The walks are 1.5 to 2 hours. On Tuesdays there are 2 guides and each one will lead a group. There will be one group for fast walkers and one group for slow walkers (for instance a family with children).
The Holden Road lawn waste site is open. Hours are: Wednesdays 3 - 6 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m. - noon; Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. For more information click on Departments and then Solid Waste.
The new hours at the Wilson Recycling Depot are Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
6. Calling all volleyball players! Looking to set up a co-ed volleyball pick up games that will meet weekly Sundays 4-6 pm at Barre Town Recreational facility. As long as at least 4 people show up, we can play! For more information email Sarah Maas at email@example.com.
7. The 2014-2015, water, sewer and tax rates have been set. Barre Town Water System customers water consumption charge is going up $.30 (5.2%) per 100 cubic feet of water. The base charge is not changing. The sewer fee is increasing $6 (2%) per unit per year. the new annual rate is $316. The new residential property tax rate is going up $.0606 or 2.7%. The non-homestead tax rate is going up $.0997 or 3.9%.
8. The Barre Heritage Festival is July 24-27. See www.barreheritagefestival.org for more information. A 5K trail run will be held in the town forest on Sunday, July 27. Registration starts at 10:00 a.m. at 59 Littlejohn Road.