The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime. There are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year-round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or recreate!
Click here for the results for the May 14, 2019 Barre Town Municipal Vote and the BUUSD Vote.
- If you would like to be considered for appointment to one of the Town’s Boards, Commissions, and Committees,please prepare a brief letter of interest, or fill out the application in your April Barre Town Newsletter, and either mail to the Town Manager’s Office, PO Box 116, Websterville VT 05678 or drop off at the Municipal Building at 149 Websterville Rd. You can refer to this list of questions as a guide (opens in Word) for your letter. The deadline is Fri May 24, by noon.
- Vernal Pool Workshop Sat May 25, 10a. Click here for more information.
- Spring into Summer Festival Sat Jun 1, 10a-2p at the Barre Town Rec Area, 46 Websterville Rd. Featuring bounce house, face patining, hands on big rigs, B-Recs Challenge, games, activities, crafts, and more! Free to enter and play. Please support boy Scout Troop #714 at the concession tent. For more information, call 802-479-9331. Click here for the flyer.
- Now accepting reservations for this year's tennis lessons Jul 23-26 and Jul 29-Aug 2 via this reservation form. Registration is not yet open because tennis lessons will depend on the timing of the tennis court rehab project. And that timing is dependent on weather. We will update by July 1 those who reserve a spot. Questions? Contact us at (802)479-9331 or email@example.com.
- Lawn Waste Site now open Mondays 3p-6p, Wednesdays 4p-6p, Thursdays 9a-12p and Saturdays 8a-12p. Click here for more information on how to use the site.
- Planning fireworks? Class B or Class C fireworks displays require a permit from the town. Your completed permit application must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s office at least 15 days prior to the display date. Click here for the fireworks permit application. If you have any questions, contact the Town Clerk’s office at 479-9391.
- Annual Barre Town Fire Department Father’s Day Chicken Bar-B-Q Sun June 16, 12p-2p at the East Barre Fire Station at 19 Mill St. $12 for adults, $7 for children. Plenty of sides, eat in or take out.
- Town offices will be closed Mon May 27 in recognition of Memorial Day.