The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
The August Primary Election ballots are available.
- The Selectboard meeting for Tuesday, June 28 has been rescheduled for Thursday, June 30, 2016. The selectboard meeting will follow the 6:30 p.m. special meeting for setting the fiscal year 2016-2017 tax rate. Both meetings will be held in the municipal building at 149 Websterville Road. The public is welcome to attend.
- Paving: Barre Town's paving contractor indicates they will be paving in Graniteville and the Trow Hill neighborhood on June 29th and 30th. Affected streets are Dodge Avenue, Compo Street, Crest Street, Pearl Street, West Cobble Hill Road, and Philbrook Street.
- Please note that as of July 1, 2016, leaf, yard and clean wood debris is banned from state landfills. You can do your part by bringing your yard waste to the Barre Town Lawn Waste site, a free service provided by the town to Barre Town residents
- The regular Selectboard meeting schedule this summer is as follows: every Tuesday in June, every other Tuesday in July and August, and every Tuesday from September onwards.
Meeting No Meeting
Jun: every Tue n/a
Jul: 12 & 26 Jul: 5 & 19
Aug: 9 & 23 Aug: 2, 16, & 30
Sep: every Tue n/a
- Barre Town is requesting proposals for a Town Assessor (not Town-Wide Revaluation of Real Estate as previously announced). Proposals are due 4:00 pm, Wednesday July 6, 2016. Click here to download the bid documents.