The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
- Click here to view the May 9, 2017 Barre Town Australian ballot voting and the SUHS budget vote.
- Help wanted: The Town of Barre is accepting applications for two park maintenance laborer positions. For more details click here.
- Wilson Depot now accepting food scraps for composting. If you're looking for a way to recycle your food scraps, you can bring them to the trash and recycling center on Pitman Rd in the Wilson Industrial Park. This service is provided by Grow Compost. Click here for the list of what is accepted for composting vs. what goes in trash.
- Barre Town Forest Walks underway every Tuesday and alternate Sundays. See the Rec page for more info.
- Next Barre Town Playground Ice Cream Social is next Tue, Aug 1, 6:30pm at the South Barre Playground on Wilson St. Hosted by the Barre Town Recreation Board. Click here for the flyer with full schedule.
- Motorcycles use caution on milled roads: Graniteville Rd, Cogsweel St, Baptist St, Websterville Rd, Countryside Circle, and Drury Hill Rd. They are not scheduled to be paved until after Aug 7. For the full road work schedule and whether your road will be affected, click here.
- New Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program: Increase positive exposure for your business or organization by becoming a sponsor of Barre Town Recreation. The Barre Town Softball Field Banner Program recognizes Barre Town Recreation sponsors. Click here for more information.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collections are on select Saturdays through September around Central Vermont. Click here for the flyer with locations and accepted materials. Organized by the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District.
- Selectboard meetings this summer: The regular Selectboard meeting schedule in July and August will be every other week: Jul 11 & 25, and Aug 8 & 22. The every Tuesday schedule will resume in September.