The Town of Barre
is home to four small unincorporated villages; including East Barre, Websterville, Graniteville, and South Barre. Each village has a post office, stores, a playground and churches. Barre Town is known for its large granite quarries, panoramic mountain views, beautiful natural scenery, outstanding school, great residential neighborhoods, modern recreation facilities and attractive industrial park. As an integral part of the Barre-Montpelier urban area, our families enjoy all the conveniences of an urban area while residing in some of the state's most beautiful, rural environments. Come visit our community anytime, there are many ways to enjoy our Town Forest, bike paths, and recreation facilities all year round. With our rich history of entrepreneurship, some of the world’s hardest working and most creative people, and an unparalleled quality of life, there is no better place than Barre Town to live, work, raise a family, grow a business, or just visit!
Click here to view the March 6, 2018 Election Information.
- Skatepark Fundraiser tomorrow Sat Feb 17: The Mercy Family and the Barre Town Thunder Chickens Snowmobile Club is holding their 18th annual Travis Mercy Skatepark fundraiser, featuring snowmobile poker run, silent auction, quilt raffle, and a pulled pork and chicken dinner. Something fun for everyone! The meal will be at the Barre Town School Gym. See poster with details here. For the list of silent auction items click here.
- Attention Barre Town homeowners! The deadline to file your HS-122 Homestead Declaration tax form with the State of VT Dept. of Taxes is April 17, 2018. If you are a Vermont resident, own and occupy your home as a primary residence on April 1, 2018 then you must file the HS-122 to receive the lower residential education tax rate. This applies to all property owners, even those who do not file a Vermont State income tax return annually. For more information on filing your homestead declaration click here, call the Tax Department at 802-828-2865 or the Barre Town Assessor's Office at 802-479-2595. If you require a copy of your property tax bill contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 479-9391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to understand how your tax dollars are proposed to be spent? If so, you're welcome to attend the Barre Town Budget Committee meetings. They are every Tuesday until Mar 27. The next meeting is Tue Feb 14, 6pm-10pm. The agenda includes review of the proposed budget for the Town's Highway Fund. To view the proposed 2018-2019 proposed budgets (fund summaries) click here.
- Sledding party next Sat Feb 24, 1-3pm, with backup date of Sun Feb 25: The Barre Town Recreation Board will host a free sledding party, weather permitting, behind the Town of Barre Offices. Bring your own sleds, and have hot chocolate and marshmallows courtesy of the Rec Board!
- Freezing Fun for Families softball tournament Mar 2-4, 2018 at the Barre Town recreation fields. This fundraiser supports two families a year who have children battling cancer. Click here for information on this year's beneficiaires, 16-year-old Stella Best of Montpelier and 5-year-old Mason Wedge of Brandon. Have fun and do good at the same time! Team registration is $300 and limited to 68 teams. Click here for more information and to register your team.
- Dog Park ready for use: The Town of Barre Community Dog Park, organized by volunteers, is now ready for use! Remember to keep your dog leashed from the Rec Area gate until the outer gate of the dog park is latched behind you and your dog, bring baggies, and pick up after your dog. A trash can is onsite for dog waste disposal. Please do NOT walk your dog in the school playground. Note that funding need remains; click here for details on the Sat March 10 fundraising event.
- Town Department Tour and Open House, Tue Mar 13, 5:30-8:30pm. You're invited to this free event to see first-hand what your tax dollars pay for. Bring your kids to see fire trucks and snowplows, ask questions of your public officials, and have some pizza! Your EMS and Fire services will be highlighted, as well as the Public Works large equipment maintenance operations. Pizza will be served at the East Barre Fire Station at 6:30pm. You can join the tour at the Municipal Building at 5:30pm and attend the entire tour, or request to be returned to the Municipal Building at 7:10pm or 7:55pm. If you would like to only visit one department, feel free to drive yourself to just that stop. Town staff will be on hand at each stop 15 minutes prior and 15 minutes after the scheduled tour times for each department. No RSVP needed, just show up!
>5:30p-5:40p: Municipal Building, 149 Websterville Rd
>5:50p-6:20p: EMS Station, 4 McLaughlin Rd
>6:25p-7:00p: East Barre Fire Station, 19 Mill St (pizza served)
>7:10p-7:35p: DPW Maintenance Shop, 79 Pitman Rd
>7:45p-7:55p: DPW Truck Garage, 129 Websterville Rd
>8:05p-8:20p: South Barre Fire Station, 528 South Barre Rd
>8:30p: Tour concludes - return to Municipal Building
- While the Budget Committee is active, Jan 30-Mar 27, the Selectboard starts its regular Tuesday meetings at 8pm.